Pages

Thursday 11 July 2013

Limericks

LI: To write limericks

SC: It must have 5 lines lines, the last word of the first and last line must be the same and all the last words of each line must rhyme.

Limericks are nonsensical 5 line rhymes that were made popular hundreds of years ago by Edward Lear.  

Here is an example:

There was an old person of Pisa,
Whose daughters did nothing to please her;
She dressed them in gray, and banged them all day,
Round the walls of the city of Pisa.



I was in my bed
and then I hit my head
then I felt like I was dead
but soon I woke up and found
it was a dream, and ate ice cream

I went out with no doubt
my dog smelt something
that turned out to be a belt
instead of a felt 
but I didn't shout

Congratulations
You got a bat better than dog
not sweeter than a cat
but I give you one warning
note don’t let sleep beside right 
next to your throat

Space is a place that you
can’t disgrace but you won’t
feel mad or bad that you have
a friend named Chad 
plus his Dad

Limericks aren't sick but sometimes
you have to pick up sticks 
but do you know
school is cool so go and learn and don’t
be a fool ,use your tools







No comments:

Post a Comment