Pages

Thursday 12 March 2015

M.A.D.D. Programme


WALT: We are learning to write a Recount.

Today Wednesday 11th of March 2015 we had a workshop on how to respect our culture and also other cultures. Students from Room 9 and 10 were in the workshop. This was held in our Glenbrae School hall.

At our M.A.D.D.( Music, Arts, Drama Dance) Programme Petia and Leah were here to talk to us about the cultures.They told our class about how our cultures might be different but we should be together and work as a team instead of being against each other.

After that Petia and Leah split us in to our cultural groups  which were African,Tongan,Samoan,Niuean,Cook Islands and Maoris. Once everyone were in their groups Petia gave us a sheet of paper where we had to fill in our details about our culture.

Soon we finished our sheets and now had to figure out what we were going to perform to represent our cultures.The Tongans had a song,the Cook Islands and Africa just told a bit about their cultures,the Niueans did a traditional war dance called the Takalo,the Maoris did the Pukana and the group I was in the Samoans did the Siva Tau which was pretty hard for me because it was our first time doing it so I kind of muddled it all up when we were performing.  That was really embarrassing but I had fun doing it at least.

The performing was then over and Petia drew this awesome picture of Hulk that looked so real. While Petia was drawing Hulk we were listening to two songs (Aloe Blacc - I'm the Man and Six60 - Don’t Forget your Roots) and watching him draw. The songs reflected about the cultures that we were learning about.

Then it came to an end and we went back to class with good memories of our culture and other cultures. I felt that it was pretty cool and it made me feel more proud of my culture.


 

1 comment:

Jayden said...

I really like your story because it meant something to me because i'm Samoan.

Post a Comment