Pages

Wednesday 15 April 2015

Jewel's Birthday

On April the 11th 2015 we celebrated my now 9 year old aunt's Birthday, Jewel, at her house. The birthday started at 1:00 but some people came late.


My grandparents, sister Dora, aunty Clare and I were the first people there. So when we arrived Jewel her brothers and sister Sifu,Tololi and Pearl were the only ones there.Since we were the only ones there we all gathered in the sitting room while the adults were outside or in the kitchen cooking and talking.


In the sitting room we were bored so we just started talking about what they prepared for the birthday. But that topic got over really quickly and we just started making up jokes. The jokes were pretty good and that turned our frowns upside down.Then we all tried to act all cool showing off how high we could kick but we all just ended up getting in trouble. Getting in trouble was embarrassing for me because, I got everyone in trouble. I just did one kick and my grandma was a suspect that saw me and growled everyone.


After that embarrassing moment we settled down and made more jokes up until....KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK at the door. That was when Tololi told us to get down like we were soldiers at war. But it was only kids from their neighbors that they invited so Sifu opened the door. When they came in Tololi and Sifu introduced them to us. The name of the kids that just came in were Litimaia the oldest brother, Elisa the second oldest sister, another sister Lichelle the third child and the youngest brother,5 year old Jayden .But that was where it ended. It started to get  pretty awkward after they were introduced.We were just sitting there and looking around in a weird way.



But finally my aunt Clare started up a conversation. The first words that came out of Clare’s mouth,were,”your so cute” to Jayden which was kind of funny. Then we just started asking how old they were, and a little bit about them. Litimaia was 10,Elisa was 8,Lichelle was 7 and again Jayden was 5 years old.



Soon Jewel’s best friend from school, Sarai arrived so all the little kids went outside. Leaving Tololi,Sifu,Dora and I just doing nothing. Everyone did go back inside though but that was when we went outside and where we were told to stay. I thought that it was kind of unfair we had to stay outside because everyone was inside and we were then locked out doing nothing.


The only thing my uncles Tololi and Sifu were doing, was playing around on their mobile phones while my sister and I were just sitting there. So I said “Come on lets do something”. Then we ran up to the trampoline and started jumping on it .....for 5 seconds since Sifu just started talking about something that grossed me out.


Seconds later Litimaia came out and saved the day making Sifu stop talking which made me very relieved. Then we started talking about something else, when a playground was suddenly introduced to the conversation and that it was right next to us. I then turned to the side, saw the playground and then started saying ask if we could go there.


Everyone all of a sudden came out when I said to go ask the caregivers if we could go to the playground. But it was good timing plus it would’ve been boring if they didn’t come. When we were going to the playground it was so close but so far at the same time. When I say this I mean it was close but hard to get to the playground. The playground was on top of a high slope or hill. So that kind of was the cause of why it was hard to get there.


Once we reached the top we were tired and hot from the boiling hot sun rays torturing us. So we sat down in the shade for a little. We soon got our energy back and started playing around. I chose to play on the swing with Clare and Jayden while the rest of the gang were playing soccer.


As I was swinging I just kept checking if anyone else was here and talking to Clare at the same time. Out of no where I then hear “TAUOLAAA!!!” it’s Taumaia another younger aunty. Taumaia comes sprinting up the hill without stopping she makes it to the park then heading straight for me.Taumaia soon made it to me and says Hi in an exhausted tone while hugging me.


Taumaia was very happy when she made it up until.....”TAUMAIA!!!” Uncle Johnny, her Dad called her. Taumaia then said in a annoyed tone “OHHH COME ON” and ran back down to her dad. But it just made me laugh and tease her in a joking kind of way so she didn’t mind me teasing her.


Seconds started feeling like days waiting for her to come back in the sun but she finally made it back. We chose to sit in the shade, when Taumaia was back with the others that just finished playing soccer.


Sitting in the shade was calming for me for a bit. But if I had to describe how the others were feeling in one word it would be hungry. They kept moaning and saying “When is Janice and them going to be here” or “Hurry up I want to eat”.


The moaning went on for while but luckily Janice and her family made it and they saved my ears from falling off me.Janice and her brother Orlando are my younger aunt and uncle too. Now all we had to do,was get Jewel’s Ice Cream Cake out but UHH OHH her ice cream cake melted. Her cake was so watery, the candle would sink into the cake.


Time for plan B,we chose to use the other cake they made, problem solved. Everything was ready and it was time for us to sing Happy Birthday to Jewel.Jewel looked very happy as we were singing.Until her dad,uncle Basil said to say the prayer to her.Jewel did say the prayer but I think she was a bit shy so she said it really fast.Not only that uncle Basil then said a few words and then she had to say something too.Jewel was still smiling but at the same time she  looked kind of shy.But in the end she was fine.


We all then got some food and ate.We ate barbecue and more barbecue.Uncle Basil also gave everyone a fizzy drink each saying here you go in a funny tone.Not so long later Uncle Basil said to everyone “Donate all your bones in this bucket”.Not your actual bones but the bones from the meat that we ate.The bones were for Taumaia to give to her dog at her house named, Ula.


People were starting to get full very slowly but they did eventually and all the kids were back to playing around for a few minutes.All the kids then had to get changed into other clothes to get ready for a water balloon fight.Filling the water balloons up with water took for ages but we finally got it done.It was kind of annoying though because we only had 15 balloons to play with.Some of the other kids kept playing around with the balloons when we were filling it up so that was why we only had 15 balloons.


Jewel and Sarai went to go tell Uncle Basil that the balloons were all filled up when we were done.Uncle Basil then already estimated how many balloons there were and asked us why there were only 15.Jewel told him what happened and growled Sifu one of the people that popped some balloons.Sifu was lucky that he still got to be in the water balloon fight though.


The water balloon fight started so suddenly since Sifu just started throwing them and then we all joined in battling each other, for like 10 seconds.The balloons were all finished so Jewel and Sarai got a bucket and filled it up with water trying to get everyone wet.Sifu then got the hose and squirted everyone,especially me because I was the one trying to take the hose off him.But sadly I failed.


That fight ended quickly so I went on the trampoline with Janice and said “Why can’t everyone come play on the trampoline while the hose wets us”.Janice straight away told Sifu that and my idea worked.Uncle Basil connected the sprinkler to the hose and everyone got wet.  


On the trampoline we all got into teams and just started wrestling.We were having so  much fun plus the trampoline was slippery so it made wrestling more challenging.Sometimes people would try to push each other to get their opponent down but it wouldn’t work and they would just laugh.That was kind of  funny.Janice and I were in one team and we kept taking everyone down so it was pretty cool.But at times our team lost.


The wrestling went on for a very long time but I got off in the end.When I got off I went to stand outside and wait for aunty Guneeta to get me a towel.While I was standing there with my soggy clothes Taumaia looked at me and said “You have devil eyes”.I was offended and got kind of angry after that.


I then recieved my towel and went straight to the bathroom looked in the mirror and found out the reason why Taumaia insulted me.It was true my eyes were so red and I did look evil so I got her point.


After looking at the evil side of me I had a quick shower,got changed into dry clothes and had some dessert.Having dessert was kind of complicating because when we tried to get some banoffee pie aunty Maryanne kept saying it’s all hers.But I did get one slice and I kept going back for an ice block kind of ice cream because I was thirsty.We also got party packs filled with yum treats.


The birthday came to an end and we said bye to everyone and my grandparents just dropped my siste and I  home.So we had to say bye to my grandparents and Clare when the day was over too.


I felt that Jewels birthday was fun.I especially liked the part when we were wrestling each other on the trampoline while getting wet.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment