Pages

Monday 6 April 2015

Term 1 Reflection

Term 1 had a lot of things but they especially had the Good the Bad
and the Ugly.


But we started off school with a great mood. We had a new start things were different like this new programme called Kiwi Can.Kiwi Can is an awesome programme since we get to do fun activities while learning stuff about improving in our behaviour.The games we played were so fun sometimes our teacher Mrs Tofa would even join in. It also helped with our General Knowledge since we play this small game called GKQ (General Knowledge Questions) and everyone gets a turn.


There is also this other programme we’ve been doing for some time too.They call themselves MADD Messengers.MADD stands for Music,Arts,Drama and Dance so it isn’t a bad thing.Petia and Caroline are the people working with us and they say they were trying to change the word mad into something positive,It worked.MADD Messenger is a very cool programme that helps with anti bullying and being proud of you since everyone is unique.


We also had sports like softball,cricket and touch and they were all fun but cricket was kind of a problem for me since I wasn’t fast and wasn’t really good at batting.Softball was ok but I wasn’t very good at soft ball and I kept missing the ball like at our cricket lessons .Touch was my favourite though since we had heaps of fun and we played a lot of cool games that helped with the sport.


We had a trip to Butterfly Creek too and we went to learn more about dinosaurs.At Butterfly Creek I found alot of information about dinosaurs like a Tyrannosaurs Rex wasn’t the strongest dinosaur.It was the spinosaurus dinosaur but what was weird, was that a spinosaurus didn’t have a big appetite.Also I found out that scientist use dinosaur droppings to find out what they ate in the dinosaur time.Butterfly Creek wasn’t all about dinosaurs though we got to see farm animals which was pretty cool.So that trip was pretty fun.


The trips didn’t just end at Butterfly Creek.We got to go to Pt England Beach and welcome the waka from Hawaii called Hokulea to our area and our school wasn’t the only school there.We had all schools that were in the Manaiakalani cluster to help us welcome the waka.That trip was a fun experience.


A visit  from this music artist Anonymous was at our school too.This artist created cool music  
which was pretty amazing.He told us about how reading helps you to reach your dream and stuff like that.That was how Anonymous achieved his dream and it became reality.He also showed us a few things he needed to make his music,like this instrument that made his voice sound like he was a robot.Anonymous recorded our school making this beat.That visit from Anonymous inspired me.  


Around that time when Anonymous was here we had another visit by this Charity Show.The Charity Show was cool since some people from our school got be in it.One of those people were me and we had to practise a little.But before we even got into practising we introduced ourselves in our own way and played these fun activities.The people that were working with us were Justin,Toto,Mikey and Tevita.I found that it was extremely funny and fun at the same time.We did get into practicing but it was pretty easy since we just had to make up 3 dance moves to present to the school. Obviously we had to practice so we presented our dances in front of the people we were working with first. We then ended up presenting it in front of the school.I was a bit nervous about presenting in front of the school but I did it and it was fun.


Technology was also happening and we were doing wood work with Mr Grundy being our teacher. Wood work is fun and kind of hard but we have not finished our projects and are still having our technology sessions with Mr Grundy to complete our work.  


While Term 1 was going pass we had our 3 Way Conferences. My 3 Conference was ok but the problem was that I found that I moved down in my studies.That meant I needed to work really hard to achieve my goals and move up.3 Way conference was ok though but I going to try focus on my work and try to understand more about what the teacher is teaching me.


Even though there were small minor issues in term 1 I think it was an ok term. I learnt new things and had fun learning them so nothing really went that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment